Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Memory - Sesame Street...

So I've got another delightful story to tell for you (lol). It was rather traumatic for me, but it's one of the very embarassing memories that come to mind. So here it goes...

Back when I was a young little rascal (i don't recall old exactly) probably between 6-8 if i had to guess, my family took me to one of my then favorite places: Sesame Street! (Apparently they could tell you how to get, how to get to Sesame Street. They were just that slick)
So at one time, i dont know if it's still there or not, but they had this amphitheatre like show area where they would have performances. So we went to go see this one show. It was a very very hot summer day, and yet a hundred people give or take packed there way into this auditorium; their sweaty, smelly, odorous bodies clearly only contributing to the fun...
So the show begins, and a woman brings out a parrot of some kind (now i know that it was a macaw. The irony being i actually have parrots myself now)
Now here comes the fun(?) part.
She asks for a volunteer to come up on stage with her, but she doesnt mention what said volunteer will be doing. So of course, it was hot, and humid, and sweaty, and stinky, and packed, and i had absolutely noooo intention of raising my hand, but guess what happens...
my mom grabs my arm and thrusts it skyward.
guess what happened next?
Just my lovely luck, i get called on.
Long story short, i wind up doing the Macarena along side a dancing, pooping, terrifying macaw.

What Did I Learn?
1) Macaws are full of crap (quite literally)
2) My Mom Causes Havoc For Me (Once Again)
3) I hate Sesame Street

No comments:

Post a Comment