Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Memories Begin

The second afternoon of my new Blog's existance and now i have 4 followers. I'm gaining momentum and theres no end in sight... (maybe im deluding myself haha)
So im gonna try to think of things to keep this interersting for you all. My english teacher suggested "memories" and since I'm a man who likes a good laugh, let's make them funny ones. But they should also have a moral too i suppose; something you can learn from my experiences. So here's my first inspiring memory for you all:

This past Saturday we went to Deptford, my mom, my friend Alicia, and myself. My mother told me we were meeting my father - who had been out all day at a job site for work - we were meeting him at the Old Country Buffet. Now just to preface, my birthday is May 7th, so it was that previous Friday, the day before. So my mother said, once we get to Old Country Buffet we can decide if we're gonna eat there or go someone else. I suggested Olive Garden. I love Olive Garden. My father doesn't, and my mother was indifferent (or at least she seemed that way.)
So we get to Old Country Buffet, my father is there. Before we go in to eat my mom says let's stop in the FootLocker right across the street. They decided we would eat at the Old Country, even though I'd rather have Olive Garden, but i was too tired to argue so I let it go and went in the FootLocker with them. (I was surprised though that I couldn't even pick we're i wanted to eat for my own birthday). After buying a pair of Chucks, we went across to the buffet.
As we were about to enter the Buffet out walked my friend Ashley's mother. She said, "Hey Mister! You know, the waiting staff here isnt very nice, at least the ones in the front, but the waitresses in the back seem better, you should probably sit back there." So I had no idea what she meant by that, so I shrugged it off, said it was nice to see her, and chalked it up to coincidence, but i wondered "If she's here, where's Ashley? And why is she leaving without her?" But I didn't know what the deal was.
So we enter the Buffet and there is something of a long line, but instead of waiting, my mom walks to the front, past the cash register. I whisper to my dad, "Did she already pay?" To which he replied, "You know her, just follow her." (My Dad has learned to let my Mom do her thing, and not question her. Most husbands should know this about their wives if they want to survive)
So I follow my mom back to the back of the Buffet, still wishing it was Olive Garden instead when i hear, "SURPRISE!!!" and like 15 of my friends jump out from behind a table and throw handfuls of sparkly star-shaped confetti at me.
That night my friend Ariana pied me in the face with whipped cream.
The irony which really summed up the night in my opinion, was that my friend Alicia actually gave me an Olive Garden gift card as my present. She must be psychic.

What Did I Learn?

1) I Can't Trust My Mom (she's a sneaky little bugger, but i lover her)
2) I Can't Trust My Friends (they are far too good at hiding things from me!)
3) I Gotta Pay More Attention (Ashley had almost spilled the beans that Friday, but i was a little too oblivious to notice)
And finally 4) Pay Back is a Big You Know What. (So Look Out Ari. Look Out Mom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment